Once we made the choice to produce our plays not to recoup an investment but to recoup some corner of the universe for our understanding and enlargement, we entered the same world as the university, the museum, the church and became, like them, an instrument of civilization.
Support the Culture of the Commons
By contributing, you help HowlRound continue to engage more than 350,000 annual users through online knowledge platforms about the latest theories and practices to advance the health and impact of the not-for-profit performing arts.
HowlRound has four full-time staff who serve an average of 40,000 people per month maintaining HowlRound’s knowledge platforms consisting of: an online journal, blog and criticism, a New Play Map, a livestreaming TV channel, twelve Commons Producers throughout the country studying and reporting back on fourteen playwright residencies, convenings, and the Weekly Howl Twitter conversation.
How is this possible?
The performing arts community contributes knowledge, energy, and passion as content (in the form of an article for the journal, a blog post, a request that an event be livestreamed on HowlRound TV, etc.). HowlRound invests in and designs open source content delivery systems to share that knowledge with anyone interested, at no cost, with no barriers to access.
Your Donation by the Numbers:
- $50 pays for an artist to write a blog post.
- $100 pays for an artist to write a NewCrit review.
- $150 pays for an artist to write an essay.
- $250 pays for an artist to write one essay and curate a week-long series on a topic or region they are passionate about.
- $750 pays for one person to attend a convening.
- $5,000 pays for one year of HowlRound TV.
All donors are listed as a Commons Partner on HowlRound. HowlRound is a 501(3)(c) not-for-profit organization, fiscally supported by Emerson College and foundation grants. Your donation is tax-deductible.
Other Ways to Give
- Mail in a check: Please make your check payable to Emerson College and mail to HowlRound, Attn: Jamie Gahlon, Office of the Arts, Emerson College, 120 Boylston Street, Boston, MA 02116.
- Call in a credit card donation: Call 617-824-3018 and speak with Jamie Gahlon to make a gift over the phone with your Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. As with our online donation portal, all in-house credit card information is kept highly secure.